Friday 11 February 2011

I'm a Liar, Bad Feeling, Escape from the Studio Award Success

I'm A Liar
Today I'll get to hold the final copy of I'm a Liar, the sitcom pilot me and Alan have been working on since November. It is something we are both proud of, and I'm really happy how it's turned out. We're entering it into Laughing Stock 2011 from the BBC's Writersroom, and I think at least, if we don't get into the top 25, the people who get to go on the Masterclass, the other sitcoms must be amazing.

INT. - LIVING ROOM PARTY - NIGHT
KEVIN BAXTER is sat on a couch in a suit and a bowler hat looking miserable. He is surrounded by balloons, party streamers and extremely happy looking people. He looks at his drink and takes a sip. He is just about to stand up when GREGG sits down. He is dressed as Thor. Kevin is dressed as Mr. Benn.
That's the very beginning of the very first page of the script. Aren't you excited? Probably not, but I am! Yay! If it doesn't get anywhere, competition wise, I'm looking to adapt it into a radio play so it might come to your ears sometime soon, with Alan as our main man Kevin.

Bad Feeling
Next is Bad Feeling! Me and Alan will be writing/starting pre-production on the adaptation of Alan's Short Film of the same name. It's an homage STARWARS and I've already started my huge mound of 'research' that I like to do. Starting with the amazing Star Wars Begins, Building Empire & Returning to Jedi. Which I highly recommend you all see. It's essentially a book about how they made the original trilogy, without the inky fingers or paper cuts. And you get to see the films, kinda, for free. So you actually see what's being referenced, rather than half-remembering them. But I suppose if you don't like Star Wars, it's pretty wank... Going to start a look for some music by local (Merseyside) bands we might like to use for the film, so if there's any suggestions, feel free to suggest those suggestions.

Escape From The Studio Award Success
Well done to Jim, Anna & Dan who won a Royal Television Awards North West Award for Escape from The Studio. It was a very fun, long, wet day that made that show.


Dan, Anna & Jim with RTS Award.















Things I Like:
Weird Foreign Language Music:
Dschinghis Khan – Dschinghis Khan (Spotify)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4WdFede2wE

Highly Recommended Film:
Black Dynamite Imdb Trailer

Thing that's exciting me the most:
L.A. Noire Wiki Trailer

Thing that's distracting me whilst blogging:
Kermode and Mayo's Film Review

No comments:

Post a Comment